The Oympics are such an exciting time. My family loves to add to the excitment by having an Olympic themed family night. We all compete in a handful of fun events and even have an awards ceremony complete with medals. This year we made our own medals using shrink paper and they turned out great! I included instruction on how we made them below.
Supplies: Shrink paper, ribbon, markers and parchment paper
1. Preheat your oven to 325.
2. Using a 8x11 piece of shrink paper, draw a big circle using as much of the paper as possible. Decorate the circle using markers to make it look like a medal.
3. Cut out the medal you drew. Using a hole puncher, punch a few holes to form one big hole at the top. We found that punching three connecting holes worked perfect. Once the medal shrunk, the hole was still big enough to get the ribbbon thru.
3. Place your cut out medal on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. We were able to fit two at a time.
4. Once the oven is fully preheated, place the baking sheet in the oven for 1-3 minutes. Watch them closely while they are baking. At first they will start to roll up. Don't worry, as it continues to bake, it will unroll and begin to lay flat again. Once they fully flatten back out, take them out of the oven.
5. Once you take it out of the oven let it cool. Once it is cooled, put the ribbon through the hole you made. Now you have your very own Olympic medal!